It is possible that the marketing will win out and the Three Capes Track will become a popular iconic walking experience but a more probable future involves:
- The majority of walkers accessing Cape Pillar by the old direct track from Fortescue Bay and camping.
- PWS will eventually withdraw from subsidising its unprofitable commercial walking operation and the hut complexes will be leased to a bona fide commercial operator.
- Visitors seeking a longer walk will continue north from Fortescue to Waterfall Bay using the scenic coastal track constructed by the Hobart Walking Club decades ago.
- Cape Raoul will remain a short, easy day walk separate from the walks east of Port Arthur; and
- A government committee will inquire into how so much money came to be spent on such a poorly researched project with no proper business plan.