The TNPA has many major concerns with the 2014 Draft MP:
• A failure to articulate the Outstanding Universal Values of the TWWHA and Key Guiding Principles.
• Removal of an effective management Zoning system to help effectively regulate use of the TWWHA.
• Removal of the recognition and protection of Wilderness as a management objective.
• Allowance of inappropriate New Uses.
• A less rigorous process for assessment of development proposals.
• Removal of effective management prescriptions to facilitate the assessment and achievement of Key Desired Outcomes.
• Provisions for mining and logging.
• Inadequate management actions to respond to the impacts of climate change.
• A diminution of the role for the Parks and Wildlife Service as the principal management agency for the TWWHA.