Planning & management
kunanyi/Mt Wellington is a natural area of outstanding diversity mostly free of human-made infrastructure. An experience of being close to nature is accessible to many because the mountain is so close to a capital city. Given this, the area warrants gold standard management but the current approach to planning and management has significant flaws.
- TNPA submission re proposed foothills mountain bike track network plan, 2020
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington issues update – Jan 2020
- How not to keep kunanyi wild 2019
- How not to keep kunanyi wild 2018
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington planning & management issues 2017
- Mt Wellington cable car – minimum requirements for a Development Application
- Proposed cable car for kunanyi/Mt Wellington
- Proposed cable car & importance of environmental contrast
The Tasmanian National Parks Association offers an independent voice for Tasmania’s national parks and reserves, to ensure they are managed for the conservation of the values for which they were proclaimed.